probably the sickest beat ever
Man oh Mandarin, that’s a great trilogy.
Ultraviolence is gonna be amazing! Can’t wait to see her next month!!!!
I could do this all day
She will fit into your favorite moba game very good character garanteed
Arizona State University’s Barrett the Honors College has been home to professors who sexually harass and sexually abuse students for 15 years; the administration knows and has not only failed to protect students, but has also actively discouraged students from reporting these crimes by denying the existence of rape culture, recommending students recant their reports, and even retaliating against students who pursue justice.
This cannot be allowed to happen. Private and internal investigations have clearly failed, so the public must hold ASU and Barrett accountable for their unacceptable actions. Reblog on tumblr and spread bit.ly/fireasupredators on all your social media.
For more information, read the petition description and visit Sun Devils Against Sexual Assault’s wordpress
Artist appreciation: Frank Stockton on The Last Unicorn
oh god so many things
- The canon: Red Dragon, Silence of the Lambs, Hannibal, Hannibal Rising.
- Mythology: Hesiod, Theogony; Ovid, Metamorphoses; the Bible [e.g. Genesis 3, Deut. 28, John 6, 1 Kings 14, Ecclesiastes 1, Book of Job, Revelation]; Satan [x]; the Devil in Christianity [x]; Catchism of the Catholic Church: The Fall [x]; John Milton, Paradise Lost; Dante Alighieri, The Divine Comedy: Inferno & La Vita Nuova; cannibalism [x], the wendigo [x x], Michael Kinnucan, “Incest, cannibalism, and the gods”.
- Philosophy & psychology: Marcus Aurelius, Meditations; Kurzban & Leary, “Evolutionary Origins of Stigmatization" [probable inspiration for Hannibal’s "social exclusion" paper]; Kristen Guest [ed.], Eating Their Words: Cannibalism and the Boundaries of Cultural Identity; Jennifer Brown, Cannibalism in Literature and Film;Alexandre Dumas, Grande Dictionnaire de Cuisine.
- Criminology: Kevin Dutton, The Wisdom of Psychopaths; Robert D. Hare, Without Conscience: The Disturbing World of the Psychopaths Among Us, Douglad & Olshake, Mind Hunter and Journey Into Darkness; J.C. Oleson, “The Criminological Theories of Hannibal Lecter” [one; two; three]; Bettina Gregory, “The honey in the lion’s mouth”; Holmes & Holmes, Contemporary Perspectives on Serial Murder.
- Serial killers: Hannibal Lecter; Ted Bundy, Ed Kempner, Eddie Gein; the Yorkshire Ripper, The Monster of Florence, Jeffrey Dahmer, Andrei Chikatilo, Albert Fish, Jason Ricketts, Dykes Askew Simmons, Dorangel Vargas.
- Literature: William Blake, The Marriage of Heaven and Hell, Europe a Prophecy & Songs of Innocence and Experience; Mary Shelley, Frankenstein; Bram Stoker, Dracula; Robert Louis Stevenson, Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde; Fyodor Dostoyevsky, The Brothers Karamazov; Flannery O’Connor, Wise Blood & A Good Man is Hard to Find; Truman Capote, In Cold Blood; Davis Grubb, The Night of the Hunter; Cormac McCarthy, No Country For Old Men, Child of God & Blood Meridian, Roberto Bolaño, 2666; William Faulkner, Sanctuary.
- Thomas Harris: Wikipedia; Jason Cowley, “Creator of a monstrous hit”; David Sexton, The Strange World of Thomas Harris [excerpt]
- Cultural criticism: Elvis Mitchell, “The cannibal who evolved into a stereotype”; Kim Newman, Review of Hannibal; Philip L. Simpson, Making Murder: The Fiction of Thomas Harris; Benjamin Szumskyj, Dissecting Hannibal Lecter; Michelle Leigh Gompf, ”The Erotic Pull of Hannibal Lecter”; Daniel Shaw, “The mastery of Hannibal Lecter”; Harriet Hawkins, “Maidens and monsters in pop culture”; Linda Mizejewski, “Stardom and serial fantasies”; Christina Gregoriou, Language, Ideology and Identity in Serial Killer Narratives; Steven Lloyd Wilson, “The abyss stares back”; Shana Mlawski, “The socioeconomics of Hannibal”.